To avoid three weeks of “I miss you” entries, I’m trying some journal prompts. Today’s is: List as many questions from childhood as you can in five minutes.
- When your pupil dilates, where does the color go?
- When I rub my head why is it so loud?
- If it’s that loud, how come I’m the only one who can hear it?
- Why are fish slimy?
- Is it the slime that makes them so smelly?
- Why do you have to turn on the turn signal in the car but not have to turn it off?
- How does the car know you’ve gone around the corner?
- How do you know if the steering wheel is pointing straight?
- Why do worms have that bump-thing when the rest of them is straight?
- How do airplanes stay in the sky?
- Why do we get goose bumps and where do they come from?
- Where do the bubbles in soda come from and why do they always start at the bottom of the glass?
- Why is soap slippery?